Nike Free 5.0 Bright Crimson/Total Orange/Bright Citrus/Black Running Shoes
NIKE'S MOST CUSHIONED NATURAL RIDE
Ideal for runners new to Nike Free, the Nike Free 5.0 Men's Running Shoe offers excellent lightweight cushioning and support while enabling a more natural running experience.
Hexagonal flex grooves offer six points of flexibility to let your foot move naturally in every direction.
With an 8mm offset between heel and forefoot height, the Nike Free 5.0 features a low-profile midsole and a rounded heel to encourage a more natural footstrike.
The engineered mesh upper provides the comfort and fit you'd expect of a traditional shoe, conforming to the shape of your foot to support you as you move. Flywire integrated with the laces delivers added support and an adaptive fit.
- Full bootie construction for seamless comfort
- No-sew overlays provide support and durability without added weight
- Moulded sockliner mimics your foot's shape for added support
- Sandwich mesh tongue provides comfort and ventilation
- Solid rubber under the toe enhances traction and durability
- Waffle outsole pistons absorb impact and add responsiveness
- Weight: 227 grams (men's size 9)
- Midsole offset: 8mm
NIKE FREE ORIGINS
After learning that Stanford athletes had been training barefoot on the university's golf course, three of Nike's most innovative and creative employees set out to develop a shoe that felt natural and weightless, similar to bare feet. In 2002, they examined a group of men and women with pressure measuring insoles taped to their feet, using high-speed cameras to capture images of each foot in motion. The team spent eight years studying the biomechanics of shoeless running. The results yielded a profound understanding of the foot's natural landing angle, pressure and toe position, allowing Nike designers to build an unconventional running shoe from the inside out.