Nike Free Flyknit Chukka Midnight Navy/Tour Yellow/Pink Pow/White Shoes
LIGHTWEIGHT, BREATHABLE COMFORT
The Nike Free Flyknit Chukka Men's Shoe blends a one-piece knit upper with a chukka silhouette for breathable, lightweight comfort and premium style. Midfoot cables provide stability and a glove-like fit.
- Flyknit upper for excellent breathability and an ultra-lightweight fit
- Flywire cables integrate with the laces for superb lockdown and support
- Nike Free midsole with deep sipes, flex grooves and diagonal cuts through the arch for a barefoot-like feel and increased foot strength
- IU midsole foam for lightweight durability
- Outsole rubber pods for durability in high-wear areas
Nike Free Origins
After learning that Stanford athletes had been training barefoot on the university's golf course, three of Nike's most innovative and creative employees set out to develop a shoe that felt natural and weightless, similar to bare feet. In 2002, they examined a group of men and women with pressure-measuring insoles taped to their feet, using high-speed cameras to capture images of each foot in motion.
The team spent eight years studying the biomechanics of shoeless running. The results yielded a profound understanding of the foot's natural landing angle, pressure and toe position, allowing Nike designers to build an unconventional and flexible running shoe from the inside out.