Nike Free SB Dark Grey/Black/White Skateboarding Shoes
ULTIMATE FLEX FOR MAXIMUM BOARD CONTROL
The Nike Free SB Men's Skateboarding Shoe features ground-breaking flexibility and comfort for the ultimate in board control.
- Suede and mesh upper offers durability and ventilation
- Skate-specific flex grooves for multidirectional movement
- Rubber toe, side wall and bumper enhance durability and boardfeel
- Phylon foam at heel for lightweight cushioning
- Rubber outsole with pods in the forefoot and sidewall for enhanced durability, traction and control
- Herringbone pattern at midfoot and heel enhances durability and multidirectional traction
- Welded side seam on upper enhances durability
- Reflective elements stand out in low light
- Padded tongue enhances comfort
Nike Free Origins
After learning that Stanford athletes had been training barefoot on the university's golf course, three of Nike's most innovative and creative employees set out to develop a shoe that felt natural and weightless, similar to bare feet. In 2002, they examined a group of men and women with pressure-measuring insoles taped to their feet, using high-speed cameras to capture images of each foot in motion. The team spent eight years studying the biomechanics of shoeless running. The results yielded a profound understanding of the foot's natural landing angle, pressure and toe position, allowing Nike designers to build an unconventional and flexible running shoe from the inside out.