Nike Free SOCFLY White Shoes
FLY FREER THAN EVER
The Nike Free SOCFLY Men's Shoe delivers lightweight comfort and enhanced natural motion with a neoprene upper and a Nike Free 3.0 outsole.
- Updated with flex grooves for more natural motion
- Seamless mesh for breathable comfort
- Hook-and-loop fastener provides a secure fit
- No-sew mudguard wraps around the shoe for durability and protection
- Phylite midsole doubles as an outsole for lightweight cushioning, durability and reduced weight
Nike Free Origins
After learning that Stanford athletes had been training barefoot on the university's golf course, three of Nike's most innovative and creative employees set out to develop a shoe that felt natural and weightless, similar to bare feet. In 2002, they examined a group of men and women with pressure-measuring insoles taped to their feet, using high-speed cameras to capture images of each foot in motion. The team spent eight years studying the biomechanics of shoeless running. The results yielded a profound understanding of the foot's natural landing angle, pressure and toe position, allowing Nike designers to build an unconventional and flexible running shoe from the inside out.