Nike Free Trainer 5.0 V6 Black/Dark Grey/Volt/White Training Shoes
FLEXIBLE STRENGTH. DYNAMIC FIT.
The Nike Free Trainer 5.0 V6 Men's Training Shoe features hexagonal flex grooves and rubber pods in high-wear areas for an incredibly natural feel and durability where it counts. Lightweight Flywire cables integrate with the laces to lock down the foot and give you an adaptive fit during multi-sport workouts.
- Lightweight mesh upper with no-sew overlays for support and ventilation
- Low-profile Phylite midsole is durable enough to double as an outsole
- Waffle outsole pistons work with the Phylite midsole to help absorb impact
- Minimal, moulded sockliner mimics the curvature of the foot for enhanced support
- 3/4-length bootie wraps the foot for a seamless fit
- Anatomical heel is rounded to roll with the ground
Nike Free Origins
After learning that Stanford athletes had been training barefoot on the university's golf course, three of Nike's most innovative and creative employees set out to develop a shoe that felt natural and weightless, similar to bare feet. In 2002, they examined a group of men and women with pressure measuring insoles taped to their feet, using high-speed cameras to capture images of each foot in motion. The team spent eight years studying the biomechanics of shoeless running. The results yielded a profound understanding of the foot's natural landing angle, pressure and toe position, allowing Nike designers to build an unconventional and flexible running shoe from the inside out.